You may be looking for meal service for yourself, a family member or friend, or perhaps you know of someone in your community who is in need...
Our service is for
- People who are homebound due to age, infirmity, chronic disease, disability, or who are suffering from a debilitating illness, and
- Are unable or find it difficult to food shop and prepare nutritious meals for themselves, and
- Are living alone or with a spouse or partner who is also eligible.
- We serve homebound living alone seniors 65 and older.
- Patients discharged from hospitals or rehab who need short term assistance with meals as they recuperate. Minimum service length is one month.
- Senior caregivers of a spouse or partner. We deliver two meals to provide the caregiver respite from cooking.
The price is $7.00 per meal with financial assistance available for those who qualify. Based on simple information such as monthly income and shelter expenses, many clients receive subsidized prices which makes the contribution modest and affordable for everyone. Program eligibility is confirmed over the phone and enrollment is conducted in person with a home visit by one of our staff members.